You are welcome to access and use VisitOSLO's information databse through our open API. Our product data is stored in New Mind | tellUs' database solution. Our database contains thousands of products, so there are numerous ways to use the information. We are happy that you want to build great services about Oslo, and are looking forward to seeing them live.
Credits and avoiding duplicates
- Visitoslo.com has to be clearly credited as the data source on every page where the information is used, whether it is a website, an application, a screen or on paper, with a backlink in online services.
- To avoid SEO problems with duplicates, pages that use the content shall not be indexed by search engines. If this rule is not respected, we will consider it a breach of contract and legal action may be taken.
- When using images they must be credited VisitOSLO and photographer according to the credits data accompanying the image. The images can only be used together with the related product information.
PR and media
VisitOSLO has the right to mention the new Oslo information services in Norwegian media, either together with you or by ourselves. By using the data you have an obligation to mention VisitOSLO and the data in your own media activities. VisitOSLO shall receive a copy of press releases/blog posts/release notes about the new service before they are published.
The data itself is free, but our database supplier New Mind | tellUs will charge a setup fee of 3500 NOK (+ VAT) plus a yearly cost of 3500 NOK (+ VAT).
Data updates and download frequency
The service using the feed API from New Mind | tellUs must be implemented with a combination of full and incremental download schedules:
- Incremental downloads may occur on a schedule with maximum one download per hour and only between the hours of 08:00 and 18:00 (CET+1).
- Full downloads may only occur on a schedule with maximum one download per week and only between the hours of 00:00 and 07:00 (CET+1).
- Full download must however occur on a schedule with minimum one download per month and only between the hours of 00:00 and 07:00 (CET+1).
This minimum occurrence full download schedule is required to clean up stray products that incremental downloads are unable to delete. (This is caused by products disappearing from the XML due to changes in content that excludes it form the XML by your download criterion.)
Incremental download means downloading only data changes since last download. In order to download all changes the time of last download is set using the parameter DeltaTimeStamp (see feed.tellus.no for detailed documentation). New Mind | tellUs does not keep track of when the last download took place.
VisitOSLO strives to endure the information in the database is correct, and edits and updates the information Monday through Friday, all year round. Despite our efforts we cannot guarantee that errors will not occur.
We wish you the best of luck with the implementation, and with your new and Oslo service!